Drivers of Laughlin Area Pre-Owned Cars, Here’s How You Can Change Your Own Windshield Wiper Blades
With the numerous drivers heading to the local dealership to purchase Laughlin area pre-owned cars, now seems like an opportune time to refresh used-car owners on routine maintenance procedures. Though rain may not be a constant occurrence in Nevada, it is a condition that drivers need to be prepared for. For ensured safety when encountering rainfall on the road, here’s how you can change your own windshield wiper blades.
Why It Is Necessary to Have Quality, Functioning Windshield Wipers
Even if you’ve purchased a quality used vehicle with low mileage, it is still highly recommended that you make a routine out of changing your windshield wipers just as routinely. Much like tires, windshield wiper blades are made from rubber materials that can become worn out after consistent use. For the sake of safety, wiper blades need to be changed so that the driver’s vision is not impaired by rain that can be easily cleared from the windshield.
The How-To: Learn How You Can Change Wiper Blades On Your Own
If you want to skip the step of going to a local garage for something as simple as changing your windshield wiper blades, here’s how you can do it yourself.
- Take the old wiper off by pulling the metal arm up away from the windshield and pressing the center tab of the arm
- Slide the rubber blade down toward the center part of the arm to remove it
- Place the new blade on the arm by putting the arm’s hook over the plastic clip of the blade
- Make sure the new wiper blade is tight on the arm by pulling it into place
- You will hear a click that signifies the blade is tightly in place
- Lower the arm back to its original place on the windshield